Taking Smart Steps Towards Your Mental Health
Swinburne University have developed SMART – a new mental health website for people who have experienced psychosis. The website aims to help people in their self-management and mental health recovery. Swinburne university are seeking participants to help evaluate the website as part of an online research project. The project is to find out how helpful the website is and how we can best support people in using online resources in the future.
The website is currently available through an online research project at Swinburne University.
- A phone conversation to confirm your eligibility
- Access to the SMART website and all of the content- you can use the website as much as you like
- A 50% chance of being allocated to receive 12 weekly emails from an online therapist
- Completing some questionnaires before you access the website, and at 1, 3, and 6 months after you begin
You will be reimbursed for completing the baseline assessments.
If you are:
- Located in Australia
- Aged 18 – 65 years old
- Have experienced psychosis
- Create an online account
- Click on ‘Sign Up’,
'I’m a consumer', using the website
- You will need to provide informed consent & the name of your treating clinician
- Click on ‘Sign Up’,
- After you have created an account, a SMART team member will call you before you can access the website content
To find out more about the study or see if you are eligible to participate please contact us by
email or phone us on (03) 9214 4476.
How S.M.A.R.T. Works
Covering all topics
Explore these topics to help you on your recovery journey!
Connect with others
You can interact with other users of the website by commenting on videos and other content and getting involved in our forum.
The website includes text-based and audio exercises as well as tools which allow you to monitor your mood, stress, sleep, physical health, and self-esteem.
There is no set order or time frame in which to cover the topics, however we strongly recommend starting with “Recovery”. You can go through them as quickly or as slowly as you want, choosing what you want to cover and when.
You can access this website on your computer, laptop or smartphone, so you can use it wherever, whenever and with whoever you want!
Stories from others
Real people with real experiences sharing their experiences with you.
Proudly supported by: